I keep these kits pre-packed so I can easily add them to my overnight or plane bag. I use zip-lock bags, which are nice for visibility, but not the prettiest.
Overnight travel kit
- Earplugs – Macks Ultra Soft Foam. Yes, you can find generic versions in drugstores, no, I don’t think they are the same. The foam in these is better. (I prefer foam, I don’t like that my hair gets caught in wax).
- Eye mask – Tempur-Pedic The Sleep Mask was my all time favorite. But I lost it, so the one I’m using right now is a slightly cheaper version. And for quick overnights I’ll just use a generic thin one, the kind you get on international flights.
- Face mask
- Quick supplies – lint roller, pen, chapstick
- Sentimental/grounding keepsakes – Necklace, rock, crystal
- Generic Drugs just in case – Ibuprofen, Midol, Benadryl, extra Iron supplement⠀ ⠀
Long travel kit
- Neck pillow – I bought one years ago at an airport shop in Germany I think. It does the job.
- Alcohol wipes – for the planes and hotel surfaces, just a pack of wet wipes I bought at the airport
- Body wipes – for bathroom shower after flight sleeps or on layovers.
- Bamboo Travel Utensils – To-Go Ware Set. My mom re-gifted these to me years ago, and I’ve used them more than any recent purchase.
- Universal travel adapter – The all-in-one feature is convenient. But the various configurations can sometimes be a bit finicky, as in they get pushed back into the device if I have to apply pressure when inserting into the outlet.
- Charging cords – one universal and one for my iPhone and wall plug
- External charger
- Plane ear buds (just re-use a set I bought once on a flight)