Nike is my shoe and apparel sponsor. If I could only buy one item in each category, here are my favorites.
- Running mileage shoe – Structure (wide). I’m old school, with a wide toebox!
- Walking around / lifting / everything shoe – Free RN Flyknit
- I’m going on a weekend trip and will do short runs or gym classes, but mostly wear this shoe walking for a cute athletic/casual look – tie between Peg Turbo and Epic React Flyknit.
- Workout or race shoe – Vaporfly. I have to hold myself back working out in these too often, and save the magic for the big days. If I raced roads, I wouldn’t use anything else.
- Spike – Vic Elite 2. Made for mid-D track racing!
- Honorable Mention: I’m tired from an interval workout, or my calves are cramping, and I need a shoe that helps me get through the run without stopping in exhaustion or pain (isn’t it fun to be a runner?!) – Zoom Fly
For running apparel, there is always new stuff circulating. I like checking out the lookbooks on the website. Here’s an idea of silhouettes that I like (and that get the job done!):
- Running tight – Epic Lux
- Running short – Elevate
- Running tops – Medalist
- Cold Weather Long Sleeve – Nike Element Hoodie
- Outer layer – Therma Sphere (like a high performance hoodie)
- Rain jacket – Shield
- Cold weather jacket – Aeroloft
- Sports Bra – Motion adapt. I’ve never seen a material like this in a sports bra. I don’t know quite how to explain it, it’s more structured than stretchy, and it’s effective (for a high impact B-cup), and doesn’t make you feel like you’re gasping for air. Worth a try.
1 thought on “My Workout Bag – Shoes and Clothes, 2018”
[…] (For Nike Recommendations, see this post!) […]