We travel frequently for races, training camps, and team or sponsor functions. To make packing easier, I have this all set out in a small bag (quart-size zip lock. Not the most stylish…), always ready to throw in a suitcase.
- Earplugs – Macks Ultra Soft Foam. Yes, you can find generic versions in drugstores, no, I don’t think they are the same. The foam in these is better. (I prefer foam, I don’t like that my hair gets caught in wax).
- Eye mask – Temper-Pedic The Sleep Mask was my all time favorite. But I lost it, so the one I’m using right now is a slightly cheaper version. And for quick overnights I’ll just use a generic thin one.
- Alcohol wipes – for the planes and hotels
- Bamboo Travel Utensils – To-Go Ware Set. My mom re-gifted these to me years ago, and I’ve used them more than any recent purchase.
- Quick supplies – lint roller, pen, chapstick
- Sentimental/grounding keepsakes – Necklace, rock, crystal
International race additions
- International Adapter – Universal USB Travel Power Adapter-EPICKA. I thought this was a recommendation from The Wirecutter, but it looks they have a different one up there. I like that it’s all in one, no loose parts (less stuff to misplace).
- Neck Pillow – bought in an airport store four years ago.
- For long international or altitude trips, I also bring a medicine bag of sorts: ibuprofen, naproxen, generic Midol, loratadine, bandaids, thermometer, Neosporin, alcohol swaps, eye drops, diphenhydramine (Benadryl, for sleeping on flights).